Monday, December 28, 2009

Whats in your products?




Okay...you know how they say your hair speaks to you right? My hair/scalp has been talking to me and I hear her loud and clear! Like my best friend Heather says..."girl I bet your scalp is cursing you out" lol So recently my scalp has been itching and feeling irritated really bad and I couldn't figure it out for anything! SO yesterday I decided to do a deep conditioning with Organic Root Stimulator's Hair Mayonnaise and after a while I realized my scalp was itching like hell and my Aunt was like maybe your having an allergic reaction to whatever you just put in your hair. So today I used google to figure out what ingredients could be the culprit and THIS Hair Mayonnaise has 2 freaking products that can cause an allergic reaction while 2 other ingredients should be avoided.
The 4 ingredients that need to be avoided that are in this product are Diazolidinyl Urea, Propyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, and DMDM Hydantoin. Now the DMDM Hydantoin got mixed reviews when I googled it and I found that same ingredient in Organix Coconut Milk, V05 Tea Therapy and Herbal Escapes. I'm not saying that's the reason why my hair has been itching and stuff because I never had any problems using those products BUT I've decided to eliminate all those products, including Hollywood Beauty's Castor Oil Hair Treatment because I really don't want to risk it. It is true that you REALLY have to pay attention to the ingredients in the products you buy and make sure they are safe for your skin, and hair. So don't be like me just trying things because it's suppose to be the best and blah blah...check the ingredients first. However, just because I had an allergic reaction to something doesn't mean you will. Just be careful!

OH YEAH! Here are 3 websites I looked at that told me information about these ingredients:
-http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toxic_cosmetics.cfm
-http://students.umf.maine.edu/razinhr/public.www/products.html
-http://www.originalsprout.com/harmful-ingredients.html

No comments: