Monday, February 22, 2010

Food + Me

So back in November I told you all I joined this gym called Planet Fitness right? Well I have still been going to the gym about 3-4 days a week and I work out for an hour. So getting up and going to the gym is not my down fall because I LOVE IT! My problem is...eating the right foods. Like I really haven't seen any changes with my body so I'm like should I work out longer? I push my self when I'm there so what's the problem! This is something I know tons of people struggle with when trying to get healthy. Now I'm not a soda drinker, I don't like Burger King lol, and McDonalds isn't my addiction (shoes are :) ). If I do go to a fast food place like McDonalds  it will be once a month and I get like a chicken sandwich. I'm not big on cookies, chips, or cake like that so that's not my problem either. My problem is that for starters, I don't do the 6 meals a day (6 is better than 3), and I eat at the wrong times! So today I was thinking...what types of foods could I eat that are healthy and can be 6 small meals a day? I did my research of course! So starting Tuesday I'll be doing 6 small healthy meals a day. You may ask exactly what did I get from the grocery store! Okay I got:
-Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal with 1% milk (whole grain cereal)
-Oatmeal (whole grain as well)
-Yogrut
-Brocolli
-Asapargus
-Trail Mix
-Apples and Pears
-Honey Wheat Bread
-Provolone and Turkey
-Chicken of the Sea Tuna cups
-Carrots
Now this is just to get me started out so I can get a feel for what I'm doing and see the benefits and changes that come with it. There were many other items I didn't have to buy since we have it at home like fish, chicken, water, eggs, etc...So what I'm going to do (hopefully) is type up a daily journal of the things I eat for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/ and 3 meals in between those times. The key is to space it out every 2-3 hours. So I look forward to this and if anybody has any questions let me know! I will definitely keep you all posted on my progress!

No comments: