Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Talk about an overload...



Okay it's 2:10 a.m and I am wide awake. School starts Thursday so I got to get my sleeping routine together especially since I have a morning class now lol. Being that I'm awake right now, I like to research things from time to time and tonight my research has been about natural hair. It hasn't been a year yet since I got the BC (big chop), but it has been a year since I had my last relaxer...May 26, 2010 will be a year natural I guess? idk...but who cares...lol The point of this post is that there is a big information overload going on when it comes to natural hair! Like you have tons of message boards, bloggers, youtubers, and search engines with a million and one different opinions! Since I want to take care of my hair the right way and use the right products I tend to look at what other people have to say. Like I have questions like how often should I co-wash, what ingredients suck, what are the best oils, where should I buy products, what type of foods should I eat, how do I moisturize my hair, should I use a denman brush, what is my regimen????? You see that! Majority of these questions have been answered but I'm just like ahhhhhh!! My biggest concern is that I'll mess up and my hair will suffer! I'm already recovering from those products that had horrible ingredients! I'm over thinking to much especially with it being 2 am! lol I guess the best advice I could give to everyone, including myself is to umm...take it easy and relax! Yes it is helpful to look at what others recommend but at the end of the day make your own conclusions based off your experiences. Remember to look at ingredients in products before you purchase them! Google definitely is your friend! Most of all you should listen to your hair when she/he talks to you (that's the best part). We all have different needs so pay attention to what your hair and body needs. I feel a little better now that I got that off my chest! The best part is that I'm learning! Okay I'm OUT!

No comments: