Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shea Butter Mix

I finally mixed my OKAY African Shea Butter with the oils I have. I must say it turned out really well! The first thing I did was scoop the shea butter out into chunks and put it in the microwave for 35 seconds just to soften it up. The great thing about this white smooth shea butter is that it is softer than the yellow.

Once I got the shea butter soft I mixed it with 10 drops of vitamin E, and all the oils that you all see above. I don't measure the oils by a specific amount, I just go with the flow. Once everything was put together I used a cake mixer to get a whipped consistency. It looked like cake batter lol, but I must say, it turned out really nice.


I wish you all could feel how the shea butter felt once I was done. Has anyone else mixed up their own shea butter batch? What oils do you guys use? Any recommendations? 

No comments: